Being told you have cancer is scary. It’s normal to feel worried, sad, afraid, or even angry. Some treatments for cancer also can affect your appearance and feelings, or make it hard for you to concentrate or remember things.
You can lower your risk of cancer by:
- Staying away from tobacco. If you smoke, try to quit, and stay away from other people’s smoke.
- Limiting the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Protecting your skin from exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun and avoiding tanning beds.
- Eating lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Keeping a healthy weight.
- Being physically active.